Just today I had a conference call with my uncle Jorge who is an engineer for NASA. We did a share screen on Skype so he could see my progress on my space suit. He helped me a lot and I really appreciate all the advice he's given me.
A change of plans has happened, I will not be able to finish the space suit in its entirety. Since solid works is such a difficult program to master. I'm having trouble with just making the helmet. This is why, even for a solid works professional, making a complete space suit would take around half a year. Since I have school, tests and a lot of studying to do I have even less time. I'm also a novice to solid works so trying to make a complete spacesuit is currently out of my reach. This is why I will be able to only finish the helmet. I will also try to make an engineering sketch of what I wanted the suit to look like.
Sam, you're doing great work learning how to use a professional CAD program AND designing a helmet for use in deep-space. In the real world, it takes teams of hundreds of people many years to create a workable design for use in space. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete